Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Bay Quilters Retreat

I spent a lovely couple of days with the Bay Quilters group who were holding their retreat at the wonderful Peninsular Golf Club.

I arrived on Friday afternoon and the sun was shining and it was afternoon tea time. I enjoyed a delicious cappuccino and could see the golfers having a game. What a lovely course they have.


A dinner was held on Friday night which was delicious and we had such a fun night chattering away. After dinner I was the guest speaker and I had brought three suitcases of my quilts with me to show everyone.

The next day I was teaching crazy quilting and they were making a journal cover.
They were so lucky that they had a table each when they were foundation piecing their bases on their machines.

When it was time to start the embroidery we pushed some tables together so everyone was closer together and could chat while they were sewing.

 
 
 
Here is a photo of the class at the end of the day, still smiling although they had to take in so much information. They had done some beautiful stitching and all the covers looked so different. I am sorry that I forgot to take some closer photos of their beautiful work, hopefully they will send some photos when they are finished.


We were all very well fed, the food was amazing and as usual I always forget to take photos when I am away teaching but I did quickly grab my camera when we had scones for afternoon tea.



 Thank you Bay Quilters for making me feel so welcome; it was a really wonderful retreat.

Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: