Pages

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Round Robin-Arlene's Block

I am participating in a Round Robin with the Southern Cross Crazies and last month I had Arlene's block to work on. The blocks measure 6 inches square and Arlene wanted a garden theme.

She had made blocks in green, blue and pink and I chose a pink block to work on.


I have worked on a block by Arlene before and I always find them a challenge because she uses busy fabrics in her blocks. It is hard to see the embroidery against the busy prints which is why I usually use plain or tone on tone fabrics.

Here is the block when I had finished it.


I used the pink lace butterfly motif for some texture and the pansy buttons to try and take the eye away from the long straight seam in the middle of the block.

Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the blocks that other people in the group had done.

I have already sent these blocks off to the next person n the list and have a new set to work on. The next set to do has another underwater theme.

Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Linda, I did a free motion class with you last year and just love watching how you change the blocks with your beautiful embroidery. One day I'd love to join the swap but I think practise is in order first.

Linda Steele said...

Hi Dawn, I remember you. I wonder if you have been doing any quilting practice? You would be very welcome in the group, there are beginners and they do just fine.