I got out all my scraps of red wool and scrim and started building up some ground onto a piece of water soluble fabric to look like autumn leaves that have already fallen.
Then I added some thread snips to look like twigs and dead leaves.
To help blend it all together I put a piece of red organza over the top.
When I had finished stitching, I washed away the water soluble Solvy by immersing it into a bowl of water. I squeezed the excess water out with some paper towel and left it flat to dry.
To make the background, I sponged some paint to represent trees onto some silk fabric. I used some green and gold paint and did a rough drawing of where I would embroider some trees.
After I had embroidered the trees in a pale colour to represent the trees that were to be in the distance, I placed a piece of organza over the top to give a misty, foggy feel.
It was fun to play around with wool and water soluble fabric and I would like to do more of it.
Bye for now,