Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Heather's Quilting Emporium Retreat

I have recently been away for a luxurious two night stay in Moama, NSW at Heather's Quilting Emporium. A friend of mine won a prize at last year's Victorian Quilters Showcase for a two night stay and she was allowed to bring 3 friends. I was lucky enough to be chosen!

We had the most wonderful time and Heather could not have been more kind and thoughtful. She had thought of everything to make our stay a memorable one.

First we were shown to our rooms, here is my room.



After we had all unpacked we all met in the giant sewing room for a coffee.

The sewing room had two seating areas, a large table, cutting board station and ironing boards.

There was even a cosy fireplace.


Heather said that some people go out and look around the town or go to the neighbouring town of Echuca, not us, we stayed in that sewing room for three days, chatting, sewing, checking out our phones and Ipads and eating.

We didn't go hungry because we were served the most delicious food.



Heather also has a shop on site where we could buy fabric and threads etc, just in case we ran out or just wanted to buy. We did of course, she had some lovely batik fabrics that I just had to have.

We did actually leave the sewing room for a short time to inspect the garden.



This was the view out the back, it was beautifully isolated and felt so relaxing.


It was only a two night get-away but I felt so relaxed and had such a wonderful time that I really felt as if I had a holiday.

Here we are happy and relaxed on our retreat.


As well as talking non-stop; I did my homework for the Art Quilters group. It was a little underwater scene.

 On the way home we dropped into two patchwork shops, South Fabrics in Echuca and Canterbury Quilts in Bendigo. We just had to have afternoon tea at Beechworth Bakery in Bendigo as well!

Here are my purchases, I am looking forward to using them soon, I have an idea in the back of my mind for them.


I would highly recommend Heather's Quilting Emporium for a get away with your quilting friends. There is room for 4 but Heather has plans to change the double beds for singles so that 6 friends can stay.
Heather regularly has teachers up there for workshops so keep a lookout for a class that might interest you as well.

Thank you Heather for a quilting retreat to remember. In fact it was so good we are thinking of making it a yearly event.

Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: