When it came to getting started though I felt a bit stuck and truth to be told I had not very much free time.
As I was looking through my fabrics I came across the little composition I made at the Fibre Forum earlier this year.
It was too big but not by much and I had fused the motifs using a dry iron so I could easily lift them off.
I cut it down and changed the placement of some of the motifs.
Then I went to my set of Madeira rayon threads and chose colours to match all the elements. I put a piece of tear-away behind the quilt so the quilt top didn't bunch up when I did the stitching.
Here's what it looked like stitched.
Of course it always looks better after it has been quilted. I was given a sample of quilting felt to try from Embroidery Source and so I used that as the batting. I was very happy with the result and might use it again. The quilt stayed thin and not too puffy but it had some body unlike when you use a thin pellon and the quilt is all limp.
|The Reef- 10"x 7"|
Bye for now,