Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Quilt Show Preparations

I have been busy getting ready for the Waverley Patchworkers Quilt Show next weekend.

We are allowed to put 3 quilts into the show and I remembered the quilt top I had made in a Waverley workshop when Grace Errea came to visit us. You can read about Grace Errea's visit by clicking on her name. I think it's always good to show the results of workshops so I was inspired to find the top and finally get it quilted. There is nothing like a deadline to get me going. I put in quite a few hours getting it done and just when you think you are finished there is the rod pocket and label to do.



Hibiscus by Linda Steele



Here are a couple of detail shots.





I have also put in my last crazy quilt called A Time for all Seasons and my 6 pack Shame quilt.

A Time for all Seasons by Linda Steele
6 Pack Shame by Linda Steele

They are all quite different. I also have my art quilts on display with the other Waverley Art Quilters, so I am well represented.

I hope we get a good crowd, we have a new venue this year with a larger cafe and 6 shops to tempt everyone.

Here is our flyer with all the details.



Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Hibiscus piece is wonderful! I agree...workshop work should be shown to encourage others to take a workshop!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Robbie, we hardly ever put workshop pieces in the show and I will definitely encourage more people to do it in the future. We never see them finished otherwise.