Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2018

The Fabric Playground, Beechworth

Last month I managed a mid week get away with my friends to Beechworth. One of my friends won the prize at last years Victorian Quilters Showcase. The prize was for her and 3 friends to Heather's Fabric Playground retreat in Beechworth.

The house where we stayed is a short walk from the centre of the town and it is a bit of a novelty because the front looks like a Hobbit House from Lord of the Rings.

Fabric Playground Retreat

The room pictured above happens to be the room that I stayed in.



So you can see what it looks like from the other side.

My friends and I had a wonderful three days together with lots of chatting, laughing and hand sewing.

Our host Heather looked after us so well and made sure we were well fed. Even though it was a short break, we all felt refreshed.

We spent the days hand sewing beside a lovely log fire.



Heather had recently purchased a very fancy light fitting that really came alive at night.


My photo doesn't do it justice, it is so decorative and pretty.

Beechworth is a really lovely country town with many beautiful shops and a river as well.



The Fabric Playground also has a quilt shop upstairs so we were in heaven. Heather has decorated the house with quilts and has quilting books scattered around for people to read. I also picked up a novel and started to read it, I was enjoying it so much that Heather said I could take it home and return it to her at the next Vic Quilters show. It's called The Dry by Jane Harper and I really enjoyed it.



Before we left we asked Heather to take our photo.



Then Heather's husband appeared so we asked him to take our photo with Heather.



The Fabric Playground can sleep 6 people and Heather only accepts sewing groups. If you are looking for a retreat with friends I can highly recommend the Fabric Playground in Beechworth.

Heather is donating a prize at the next Victorian Quilters Showcase again so I know that whoever wins the prize will really enjoy it.

The Victorian Quilters Showcase is part of the Craft and Quilt Fair that begins on Thursday 26th July and finishes on Sunday 29th July.

It's held at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, South Wharf which is fondly known as Jeff's Shed! Hope to see you there.

Bye for now,
Linda

4 comments:

Robbie said...

What a nice get away!!! The venue looks so inviting...but just knowing I could sew (or read!) without fixing dinner, walking dogs, playing Betty Crocker, etc. would be delightful! HA

I just ordered The Dry from our library! Thanks for recommendation!

jude's page said...

Glad you enjoyed your time away with friends, and congrats on your award at Showcase. Would have liked to be there, and almost was.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Robbie, I hope you enjoy it.
Linda

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude,
Maybe we will catch up next year.
Linda