Pages

Saturday 20 October 2018

Victorian Quilters Gathering at Deniliquin

Last weekend I drove up to Deniliquin in NSW for the Victorian Quilters Spring Gathering.

Me with my quilt Naturally Crazy


I was asked to be the guest speaker and so my car was packed with 3 suitcases of quilts.



The tiny suitcase on the left was my clothes, the big ones held the quilts.

The meeting was held in a beautiful old church.

The Church hall

Behind the hall was a picturesque lake.



The room was packed as quilters came from lots of nearby country towns; it was a very friendly meeting.

The committee and members of the Deniliquin quilters had gone to so much trouble to make it a fun day with door prizes and raffle prizes and the most delicious morning and afternoon tea.


There were two large tables of scones for morning tea and two large tables of mixed cakes for afternoon tea. Those ladies certainly know how to cook!

After lunch it was my time to be guest speaker, the ladies were very kind and many told me that they enjoyed hearing my quilting story.

Me as guest speaker

I was lucky enough to have dinner one night with local couple Audrey and John. John cooked up a delicious dinner and dessert for me and the Vic Quilters President, Marie. I had to get a photo taken with Audrey and Marie. Audrey is in the middle and she's looking very serious in the photo but she was a kind and gracious host.

Audrey, Marie and I
 As well as guest speaker I was also there as Vice President of Victorian Quilters. We got a photo with the Vic Quilters committee members who made the trip up there with the Deniliquin committee members.

Committee members
I am so glad that we took the time for the photos because so often we forget these things.

It was a wonderful weekend and the weather was perfect. Thank you to the Deniliquin Quilters for a wonderful day and great memories.

I didn't have a couple of quilts with me because they were in America but one came back when I got back home. In the box was a lovely ribbon for winning 3rd prize in the Paducah Fall Show.

The Bleaching with its ribbon


Bye for now,
Linda

4 comments:

Michele Hill said...

What a wonderful day you had Linda. Larry and I miss the travelling to the country groups....Larry especially misses their delicious cooking!! Hugs x

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Michele, I must admit I thought of my husband and how much he would've enjoyed those cakes. I always enjoy those country trips as well

jude's page said...

Sounds like a great weekend away, and congrats on the ribbon for your quilt from Paducah.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude, I really enjoyed that country hospitality. The ribbon from Paducah was an absolute thrill.