Pages

Monday 24 June 2019

Quilt NSW Prize Winner

I was absolutely thrilled to receive an email from Quilt NSW to say that I'd won a prize at the Sydney quilt show last week.



Due to family commitments I couldn't go to Sydney this year but my friend Julie Adamson was going and she messaged me with the wonderful news that I had won 1st Prize in the Miniature section!!

She kindly sent me a photo after she had pinned its blue ribbon on.

Autumn Dance by Linda Steele
This little quilt is 43 cm x 43 cm or just under 17" x 17". I actually designed this little quilt about 5 years ago and only got around to making it last year.

Here is a detail photo of the quilt, it is machine appliqued and machine quilted.

Autumn Dance Detail
The reason that I couldn't go to Sydney this year is because my daughter is the Dance and Drama teacher at the school where she teaches and her musical The Lion King was on at the same time as the Sydney Show. I had to pick up my granddaughter Savannah from Kindergarten and then take her to see the performances.

Savannah and I at The Lion King

The grade 6 musical was a great success, it's just a shame that it clashed with the Sydney Show!

I haven't got any photos of the wonderful quilts that were there but you can see the winners on the Quilt NSW Website.

Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

jude's page said...

Congratulations Linda your quilt is amazing

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Jude, there are so many wonderful quilts in Sydney, it's an honour to receive a prize