Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Victorian Quilters Showcase 2019

The Victorian Quilters Showcase was held at the end of July and was a great success. The difference for me this year was that I am the Showcase Coordinator and it has made a huge difference to my life! I spent at least two months before the show on the computer adding all the entrant's details onto the computer and created and printed many different files. Some were in quilt number order, some in alphabetical order, some for photography, some for the quilt collection people etc, etc. It is actually a huge job.
Next year all the entries will be online and hopefully it will make the process a lot easier.
it is funny to look at the photos that I took. Most were of the layout and not many photos of quilts.

Best of Show went to Jocelyne Leath for her quilt Formidable Grace.

Formidable Grace by Jocelyne Leath

Here is a happy Jocelyne in front of her quilt.

Jocelyne Leath with her quilt Formidable Grace

I think her quilt has been accepted into Houston as well.

Runner Up to Best of Show was Lilac and Roses by Robyn Coots.

Lilac and Roses by Robyn Coots
Here is a detail photo of this beautiful quilt.

Detail of Lilac and Roses by Robyn Coots

The best amateur quilt was a real showstopper by Michelle Bardwell.

Cathedral Rose by Michelle Bardwell

The lights were very bright so it was hard to get a good photo.

You can get an idea with these detail photos though.

Detail of Cathedral Rose by Michelle Bardwell

Detail; of Cathedral Rose by Michelle Bardwell
I don't think Michelle will be an amateur for much longer doing beautiful quilts like this!

The raffle quilt was made by my friend Anne Andrews. It is hand pieced and hand quilted, the winner was absolutely thrilled.

Annie's Stars by Anne Andrews
I didn't get a quilt finished to be in the show this year. But there was a display of the quilts in the AQC Magic Competition and my quilt was there with its Viewer's Choice ribbon.

Magical Coral Reef by Linda Steele

I was thrilled to see a poster with my quilt on it too!


So, the show is over for another year and preparations are already starting for next year's show. I have some free time at last and I'm trying to get as much sewing as I can done.

Please check on the Victorian Quilters Website for photos of all the winning quilts.

Bye for now,
Linda

4 comments:

jude's page said...

Looks like it was a great show, was so tempted to go, but once again life has been too busy. With Adelaide being July as well it makes it hard to do both. But nevertheless I was pretty happy with the results from both shows.

Linda Steele said...

Hi Jude,
No doubt our paths will cross again sooner or later. Congratulations on your prizes.

Gina E. said...

Fabulous quilts. LOVE the stained glass window!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Gina, it was a really popular quilt and it's going to be shown again at AQC in April 2020