Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2023

A mid week get away

 Last week, I went on a short holiday for a couple of nights with my sewing group friends. We stayed at Create at Harcourt which is a couple of hours drive near Bendigo. It was one of the coldest weeks we've had so far, but luckily we had heaters in every room. It was a very relaxed couple of days, just sitting and sewing, chatting and eating. We can do it well!

I took a couple of photos of the retreat but I should have taken them during the day when the blinds were open! 

Create at Harcourt

I knew I had found the right place when I saw the quilt pattern out the front. That bay window up the top is where we spent most of our time.

Sitting space


Sewing table




We all had our own room with quilts on the bed of course.

My room

All the decorations were craft related, even my bedside lamp reminded me of some gel printing I have been doing lately.

Bedside Lamp

Here is my gelli plate printing that I had done the week before. Even the colour was the same.

My Gelli printing

There was a wonderful general store, bakery and café next door, where we managed to spend a bit of time. Before we left we asked someone to take our photo.

Our happy group


We took the long way home and had lunch in Bendigo and visited the Art Gallery. I'll show those photos in the next post.

Bye for now,

Linda

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like a lovely place to spend some time and even better to be surrounded by like-minded people.

Linda Steele said...

It was a very quick trip but it was nice to be with friends when you have so much in common, very relaxing. Thanks Magpie Mumblings

jude's page said...

Always fun to retreat with friends

Linda Steele said...

I agree Jude, we should make time for it more often.