I have put a border around my Kookaburra block and I decided to add some embroidery as well. I used a feather stitch and then added some leaves, lazy daisy flowers and some colonial knots.
After I had finished stitching the border, I embroidered some more flowers in the top right corner because I thought that it looked a little bare up there.
A friend contacted me to say that she couldn't see where I had added the ribbon embroidery on the block, so I have a couple of close ups to show.
I added some ribbon flowers on top of the lace motifs.
I also added some ribbon leaves underneath the blue wren.
I have basted my little quilt and I hope to have some time over the weekend to quilt it. Nearly finished now!
Bye for now,