Pages

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Victorian Quilters Showcase 2011

The Victorian Quilters Showcase is over for another year. I was lucky enough to be the Profile a Quilter this year and so I spent all four days sitting in front of my quilts. I had a wonderful time meeting friends, students and fellow quilters. It was heartening to meet so many beginner quilters as well. I still remember the excitement of making my first quilt, which was on display at the show.


Desley Maisano won Best of Show with her quilt Ruled by Chocolate. Desley is a professional long-arm quilter and is known for her wonderful quilting. Desley has recently been married and used to be known as Desley Regan for those who don't recogise her new name. Desley has a blog and has some more photos and details about her quilt. http://addictedtoquilts.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default


My lovely two daughters came and visited me at the show and were inspired to buy a couple of cross stitch kits, so you never know, they might be quilters of the future.

My photos are never very good at quilt shows, so go to the Victorian Quilters website to see all the names of prize winners and some photos as well.http://www.victorianquilters.org/index.php

Thank you to all the quilters who took the time to come and say hello to me at the show.

Bye for now,

Linda


No comments: