Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Paul Klee

Last night I met with the Waverley Art Quilters. We have been studying the work of Paul Klee (pronounced Klay). The picture above was the little A3 sized art quilt that I made.
Paul Klee 1879-1940
Klee was born in Switzerland but spent most of his life in Germany. He was a skilled illustrator and teacher and is known for his watercolours. Klee was heavily influenced by cubism and I think his work is very like patchwork.
This is his painting named Castle and Sun. I tried to use similar colours. I drew the pattern up in EQ7 and then I fused the different squares and triangles to a brown background fabric.
Everyone in the group chose a different painting to study and there was such a variety.
Next month our theme is Doors and Doorways and we can use whatever technique we want.

Bye for now,
Linda


No comments: