Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

Berry Quilting Retreat

Last weekend, I taught Crazy Patchwork at the Berry Quilting Retreat. Berry is a very pretty town in NSW about two and a half hours south of Sydney.

The other tutors there were Julie Haddrick, Dianne Johnston, Deborah Louie, Kaye Haerland, Caroline Sharkey and Pam Furniss. We all stayed at a beautiful old house called Mananga Homestead. The house was absolutely beautiful, we all had our own room and en-suite and had a lot of fun times over breakfast and after teaching in the evenings. I wish I had taken some photos of the house but you can see some of the rooms if you click on the link above.

I had some very enthusiastic ladies in my class as we worked on a crazy patchwork Kookaburra block.


There was a quilt show that was open to the public of quilts by all the tutors as well a huge display of challenge quilts. The theme of the challenge was One Red Thread and you could use any technique.

The challenge quilts were quite incredible.
Here are two of my favourites.

Ready for the Outback Strutters Ball by Helen Rhodes

Mary's Magpies by Mary Lawler
I wish that I had taken more photos because it was a lovely retreat with wonderful quilts and tutors.

They are planning another one next year and I can highly recommend it. I didn't even mention the food which was delicious because as anyone knows quilters love food and need morning and afternoon tea as well as lunch! We were all very spoilt.

Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: