Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Houston Silent Auction

I was honoured to be invited to make a small quilt for the International Quilt Association's (IQA) Silent Auction again this year. My quilt Naturally Crazy was juried into the show so I decided to make a small quilt based on that quilt. Here is a post I made about making the quilt.

I finished the quilt and have already posted it off to America.

I decided on a blue border, I like the blue for a change. I usually put green borders around these Australian themed quilts.


Here is the quilt, quilted and finished. It always looks so much better quilted. I added some feather stitch, leaves and french knots around the border. I thought the border looked a bit too solid so I added some piping to the binding. It just adds a nice touch of colour and draws the eye from the inside to the outside and back again.
Australian Crazy ©2012 Linda Steele
 
The quilt measures 17" x 17" and I hope someone bids for it and it goes to a good home.
The Auction is held during the Houston Quilt Show, November 1st - 4th.

Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Can anyone bid for it? From over here?? It is absolutely gorgeous, Linda - I have no doubt it will raise a lot of bids and go to a loving home!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Gina,you have to be in Houston to bid on the quilts.
Linda