Pages

Friday 21 September 2012

CQJP 2012 September

Is it really September already? The year is flying by. Somehow I have managed to keep up with the Crazy Quilt Journal Project this year. It would be fine if it was the only thing I had to do but with my Art Quilters homework and teaching and my daughter's wedding coming up, I am having a busy time.

People from all over the world are participating in the CQJP 2012. You may do whatever you want but try and complete a crazy block every month and post your block onto the CQJP 2012 blog. They also have a Facebook page for participants which is nice because it is a bit more personal and you get to know the others in the group.

I am having a Christmas theme for my blocks and what is Christmas without presents?

CQJP September

This is one of the smaller blocks and measures 6". Here's what the block looked like before I added the embroidery.

CQJP September
I think that you can faintly see where I marked the presents and Christmas stockings with a white pencil. The blue and the green presents are done in silk and I had a bit of trouble controlling the fabric until I used a fusible interfacing on them and then they were very easy to use, It's hard to see in the photo but the silk applique has a lovely roundness to the shapes and glow so beautifully compared to the cotton.

I used turkey stitch on the top of the Christmas stockings for a fluffy look.


Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

MarneyMay said...

Wow Linda your block is incredible

Linda Steele said...

Thank you, for some reason a lot of people like this block, I wonder if it's because of the applique centre.