Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

Round Robin Stage 2

I have had a very busy month with a lot of teaching and moving my daughter into her brand new apartment. The only sewing that I have managed to do is round 2 of the Round Robin that I am doing with the Southern Cross Crazy Quilters.

This month I had Faye's block to work on.

Faye's Block
Jenifer had the block first and had done a lovely spray of flowers. I looked at the block for a couple of weeks trying to decide what to do. Finally I embroidered a Blue Wren in stem stitch and had him sitting on a branch with some red flowers.
The patch was quite large so I also put a spider web on the patch and inserted a little spider.

Blue Wren on Faye's block

I think the little wren looks very interested in that spider.
Finally I added some feather stitch on one of the seams.

Here's what the block looked like when I had finished it.

Faye's Block
I posted this block off to the next person on the list today.

Bye for now,
Linda

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely addition!

Gina E. said...

Your embroidered Blue Wrens always look so sweet! Do you use the same pattern when stitching them on to your blocks?

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Lorraine and Gina. I have a couple of blue wren patterns that I use depending on the size I embroider. There's not as much detail on the smaller one in this block.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful addition to the block, really bringing the block to life. Cathie

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Cathie,
I put a photo of it on the Southern Cross Crazies site and Faye was thrilled with it. Luckily, she likes blue wrens!
Linda

Faye said...

Oh Linda, I can hardly wait to have this block home, so I can see your work on it...

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Faye, the Round Robin has been fun so far!
Linda

Dianne Murcutt said...

Hi Linda, I just love your work and I think this Round Robin is a great idea where you embroider only one block - is that right? So how many rounds will there be?

Linda Steele said...

Hi Dianne,

There are 8 of us in the Round Robin and so we all work on about an eighth of the block before we post it on to the next person on our list. It is fun and interesting to see other people's work.
Linda