Pages

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Circle Series 7

I am still trying to continue with my circle series. They don't take long to do and they are really just design and experiment exercises. They are all fused and I don't do any stitching on them. The small A3 size means that they don't interfere with my more 'serious' work.

I drew up an idea on some paper first and then tried to put it together. 


It looks simple but it was actually trickier to do because some of the background stripes went under and over the fused circles. So, I was piecing some of the background and fusing some bit of circle and then piecing some more.

I left it overnight and the next day I thought the bottom circle looked to bare, so I added another inner circle.

Circle Series 7

The stripes look a bit wonky too and would need some serious blocking if I decided to finish it.

I am starting to see why I felt compelled to continue with this series, although I don't really like my latest one, it has given me an idea for the next one. In my imagination, it has some possibilities! Time will tell.

This is a photo of my previous circle designs.


Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Of course I love the color of this one! It sounds as though it's one of those things where you have to think three steps ahead of where you're at so you can get the sewing/fusing sequence correct. This is one of my favorites I think!

Linda Steele said...

Thank you, Magpie Mumblings, I can see my series is starting to change.