Pages

Tuesday 25 July 2023

Connection at the Lume

 I was in the city everyday for the Victorian Quilters Showcase and managed to slip away for an hour to see the Connection exhibition at the Lume Theatre.

The Lume theatre is in the same building as our quilt show, the Exhibition and Convention Centre, so it was very convenient. The Lume is set up to show paintings projected onto walls and the floor, so you feel surrounded by light and art. 


This is the third exhibition they have presented and I have been to them all. The first was Van Gogh and the second was Monet and Friends.

Connection is an exhibition of Aboriginal paintings. I wasn't sure if it would be as good as the others but it was just as wonderful. 

There is something magical about being totally surrounded by art and music. The only disappointment is that photos do not do it justice. It is all about the experience.

Here are some of the photos that I took.







If I get the chance, I would definitely go and see it again. 

Bye for now,
Linda


2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I remember you showing pictures of the 'projection' show last year. It looks as though it would be an incredible thing to experience.

Linda Steele said...

You must go and see one if you get a chance, Magpie Mumblings, I am sure more are opening around the world.