Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

It's Quilt Show time

Do you want to see some beautiful quilts, traditional, art and pictorial, shop at 7 wonderful quilting shops or have a delicious coffee and cake or light lunch?
The Waverley Patchworkers Quilt Show is on this weekend. The committee and I have worked so hard on this show hoping to make it a success. There is nothing more I can do except set up the show on Friday and hope people come on Saturday and Sunday.

We printed 3,000 flyers and have none left, so maybe some people have saved them and are planning on coming. I have had displays in 3 libraries and have had the dates in all the Guild newsletters and the patchwork and quilting magazines.

This week the local paper wrote a lovely little article about the show.


There was also an article in the Waverley Review an online magazine. http://www.monashweekly.com.au/story/1802811/waverley-patchworkers-quilt-show-see-magical-artworks/

I hope any readers who live in Victoria can try and make it to our show. We have a record number of quilts. Our challenge this year was red and white and a touch of black and we have a record number of entries for that as well. I am pretty sure that we have over 65 challenge entries which is a huge number for a challenge.

The Waverley Art Quilters will have a display as well so there is something for everyone.

The Quilt Show is being held at the Mt Waverley Community Centre, 47 Miller Crescent, Mt Waverley, Victoria.
Saturday 9am - 5pm and Sunday 9am - 4pm.
Entry is $8.

I have been so concentrated on the quilt show that I couldn't do any sewing. I felt too scattered and couldn't concentrate on anything, so I spent my time in front of the TV at night winding threads onto embroidery cards. Remember when I bought all those wonderful new threads?
Well I know from past experience that I won't use them when they are kept like this. So this mindless activity has given me something to do in my spare time. The threads are all wound now and ready to be put in my thread boxes in colour order.
Next week when the quilt show is over I can start sewing again.
Hope to see you there.



Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: