I chose her block number 3 because I liked the way the patches looked together and I thought it would suit my style of embroidery.
|Helen's blank base|
I have done crazy quilt underwater themed blocks before so it was easy for me to start. I did the motifs first.
I decided it needed a bit more and I had to add another jellyfish in the top right hand corner. Two looked a bit sparse and you are supposed to have an odd number of motifs anyway.
That looked better. It was actually quite a time consuming block to do. Those little fish in the centre are done with a close stem stitch and they took quite a few hours to do.
The beauty of participating in Round Robins is that you get to see the work of other people.
Here are two other blocks that had already been done by other members.
They are different to mine but still the underwater theme. The bottom block was really heavy with those rocks and stones along the bottom.
I have posted the blocks onto the next person in line and I still haven't received the next lot. I don't mind that they are a bit late because most of my time is being taken up with organising the Waverley Patchworkers Quilt Show.
This time next week we should be set up and ready to go.
Bye for now,